Posts

Showing posts from August, 2016

You’re Argument is Invalid.

Image
I was in a really great mood today. I got a lot of house cleaning done (piggy beds, litter box, laundry, general house picking up…) I accomplished my wifely chore list and went out into town to gather nuts and berries for dinner tonight. Then I got an email. And in a hot second my switch was tripped. There was a loud pop, a blinding flash, and boom- bad mood. Irate. My ears got hot, my cheeks flushed and I shot off a quick (and professionally bitchy response) and carried on with coming home. I’m still pissed. One single damn email pissed away my good mood and has spun me into this dark place that brought up a lot of suppressed emotion from the past couple weeks.
Hold onto your butts- Mama Unicorn’s rant machine has been fired up and is purring like a kitten!
I am not a kid. I am a grown woman with dreams, goals, talents, emotional scars, and a sever lack of self-confidence. To treat me like some incompetent little turd makes me feel like shit and makes your ego pop brighter. Congratu…

Life Doesn't Have an Instagram Filter...

Image
Post computer frustrations of this morning and bulk of the afternoon, I took a shower- used all my fancy cost too much Lush soaps and did half an hour of yoga. While doing yoga I realized I only blog from two rooms of my house. My office or the kitchen. So I left the yoga mat down, set up everything I need to write a blog and took a picture with my phone (naturally!). New perspective. Sitting in the room that’s 85% used as a pass through to either the living room we spend evenings in or my office and guest room. The remaining 15% of use is my art and my yoga. Let’s see if this works… writing in a new place. Fresh idea or epic ass cramp waiting to happen? Let’s be real… I’m sitting on the floor, on a pillow- total ass crampage just waiting to happen! Oh well.

Perspective. New favor word. New life goal. Look at things differently. See misfortune as an opportunity to grow and defeat. See less than perfect situations in life for what they are- stepping stones to something better at some …

Secret Passwords, No Sleep, and Slow Rains...

Image
Yesterday closed another year well done at SWMCCC “Summer Weekend of Photography”. Over six months of planning, one month of intense as hell stress (culminating in my horrid stress eating specifically the last two weeks, I may or may not have an addiction to gas station rollergrill food fare.)- it’s all done. And today- my body is reminding me of how much “fun” recuperating can actually be.  Four days of non-stop walking around (sometime at high speeds), virtually no sleep (if it was less than an hour’s worth, I consider it non-existent. If lying awake, listening to others sleeping peacefully while staring at the ceiling trying to make logic of the stucco pattern for four hours happened- no sleep. Admittedly so, I was too stubborn to have changed that situation.), the consumption of enough Monster and Red Bull a smaller, less stubborn human would have died from cardio-vascular explosion, eating but not really enough to sustain me for any length of time, and then there was the de-stre…